Raycom-Legacy Content Company Announces Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live™ Crushing It! Season 2
The epic six-episode nationally syndicated television series returns bigger than before with an all-access look into the spectacular Hot Wheels Monster Truck Live™ tour
July 15, 2020: Charlotte, NC – Raycom-Legacy Content Company is launching Season 2 of the thrilling television series Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Crushing It! The unscripted, spontaneous entertainment series highlights the massive thrills and epic vehicles of the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live experience.
Series hosts Tommy Kane and Kristen Beat return to take viewers inside the exhilarating world of monster trucks with exciting new stories and unprecedented access to the creators and stars of the international Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live tour.
“We’re excited to continue to serve our fans unique content and exclusive access into the fastest growing tour in the monster truck industry,” said Ken Hudgens, President & CEO of Raycom-Legacy Content Company.
The 30-minute, six-episode series produced by Raycom-Legacy Content Company will air in 115 US markets from July 18th – October 31st. The series will also air on MAVTV. Episode summaries follow:
- 1: Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Crushing It! is back and bigger than before! Don’t miss a behind the scenes look of what it takes to be a monster truck driver with driver, Christian Stormin’ Norman. The trucks roll into Mattel headquarters for a day of monster truck fun. Experience the making of the Crushing It! soundtrack.
- 2: Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Crushing It! returns to Mattel headquarters and sits down with a legendary Hot Wheels® designer to talk about the creation of the iconic Bone Shaker skull. Kick back with the Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live team while they visit driver, Derick Anson, for his annual Halloween party and hang out with 5-year-old Aiden who is “crushing” a chronic health condition.
- 3: Go back in time to learn all about the person who invented monster trucks, Bob Chandler! Get an exclusive look at the original monster truck, BIGFOOT®, and the team behind all the action.
- 4: Experience the very first Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live show in Edinburg, Texas. As you watch the thrilling jumps and stunts of these epic monster trucks, learn the science behind what makes these monster trucks fly high and go fast. Get behind the wheel of a monster truck with host, Tommy Kane, and learn how to drive a legendary monster truck.
- 5: Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live goes across the pond for the first ever international tour in Europe. Get a backstage pass with Rebecca Schnell, driver of Hot Wheels® Racing #1, as she prepares for her first monster truck tour with her husband, Darron, driver of BIGFOOT®. Visit Manchester, England with event host, Freddie Sheppard, and see what it takes to pull off a European tour!
- 6: Hit the road with Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live to visit Cody Elkins at his home and witness some dazzling stunts from the superstar of Freestyle Motocross! Demo Derby visits Victory Junction, a camp for children with serious or chronic medical conditions. Learn about the design process in making a toy monster truck with designers at Mattel headquarters.
“The Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live series embraces challenges with out-of-this-world crashing and smashing in a way that’s true to Hot Wheels DNA,” said Roberto Stanichi, Senior Vice President, Hot Wheels and Global Head of Vehicles. “By bringing back Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Crushing It! for another season, we’re able to bring the excitement straight to the homes of families and fuel young fans’ imaginations as they replicate Monster Truck crushing on the screen with their toys at home.”
Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live, launched in 2019 by Raycom-Legacy Content Company in partnership with Mattel, Inc., delivers an exhilarating family entertainment experience for kids of all ages. The initially launched tour expanded to Europe in 2020 under a new partnership with Live Nation.
For more information on the series and local television listings visit www.hotwheelsmonstertruckslive.com/crushing-it.
To see an exclusive premiere of each full-length episode, join The Official Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live Group Page. Starting July 17th, join Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live and a variety of performers as they host a watch party at 8PM EST, every Friday night for 6 weeks, where they will premiere each episode!
Mattel is a leading global children’s entertainment company and owner of one of the strongest catalogues of children and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic franchises, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, American Girl®, Fisher-Price®, Thomas & Friends® and MEGA®, as well as other popular brands that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and sell products in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and technology companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. Visit us online at www.mattel.com.
About Raycom-Legacy Content Company
Raycom-Legacy Content Company is a large-scale event operation, promotion, content production, licensing and media firm. The company produces entertainment experiences including Hot Wheels Monster Trucks Live™, an international Monster Truck tour visiting North America and Europe. Raycom-Legacy Content Company is a partnership between Raycom Sports – a leading independent sports marketing, event management and production firm – and Legacy Motorsports Events – which was co-founded by entertainment and motorsports executives Ken Hudgens, Tim Murray, Eric Cole and Bob Boggess. The company is based in Charlotte, N.C.
*Hot Wheels Basic Cars Assortment is the number one selling toy in the world based on units sold according to NPD